Governor's Workforce Investment Board
SWIB Website Location Has Changed
Please visit swib.mt.gov for the most current State Workforce Investment Board website. This is an older version of the website.
Governor Racicot created the Montana State Workforce Board by Executive Order in February, 1999. New appointments were made by Governor Martz in August, 2001.
Note: The Governor's Desiree Taggart Memorial Awards for Workforce Development
Deadline for nominations is April 15, 2004
Goals and Objectives for 2004
The purpose of the Montana State Workforce Investment Board is to advise the Governor on the creation, implementation and continuous improvement of a comprehensive statewide workforce development system.
In 2004, the Board will accomplish the following goals:
- Engage the workforce system in anticipating and responding to businesses' current and emerging needs for skilled workers.
- Encourage alignment among workforce development, post secondary education, and economic development.
- Advance workforce development policies by providing recommendations to the Governor and other state leaders who support economic development efforts in Montana.
The Board will accomplish these goals through the following committees:
- Executive Committee: charged with general oversight of the board, and authorized in the Board's operating rules to make decisions on behalf of the board.
- Economic Development and Business Retention Committee: charged with determining the specific workforce needs of businesses statewide, and developing strategies to address these needs.
- Accountability Committee: charged with measuring the overall effectiveness and impact of the State's workforce system.
- Workforce System Committee (formerly the Regulatory Committee): charged with developing and reviewing statewide policies affecting provision of workforce development services.
Haley Beaudry, Chair